The City of New Orleans Ethics Review Board will meet on Monday, November 15, 2021 at 3:30 P.M.
Certification of Necessity for Video Conference
The board will conduct this meeting via Zoom Video Conference and Telephone Conference at these locations:
Video Conference Link: https://loyno.zoom.us/j/5049753263
Telephone Conference Dial-In Number: 312-626-6799; ID No. 504 975 3263
Certification of Necessity pursuant to Louisiana Revised Statutes section 42:17.1: The board hereby certifies that the Governor of the State of Louisiana has declared a state of emergency or disaster involving the geographic area of the City of New Orleans. The governor’s most recent extension of this state of emergency is available here: Proclamation 204 JBE 2021 re COVID State of Emergency (October 2021).
A live meeting would be detrimental to the health, safety, or welfare of the public and the members of the Ethics Review Board. The agenda contains matters that are critical to continuation of the business of the Ethics Review Board and are not able to be postponed to a live meeting due to a legal requirement or other deadline that cannot be postponed or delayed by the Ethics Review Board. The public can attend and participate in the videoconference meeting by joining the conference by telephone or videoconference as described above. In addition, public comment prior to the meeting can be provided via email address email@example.com.
- Regular Business
- Ratification of certification of necessity for videoconference/teleconference meeting (Chair).
- Approval of minutes of previous board meeting (Chair).
- Acceptance but no discussion of monthly report or update from the Office of Inspector General (Chair).
- Acceptance but no discussion of monthly report or update from the Office of Independent Police Monitor (Chair).
- Acceptance but no discussion of monthly report of ERB Ethics Trainer (Stiggs).
- Report of Executive Administrator and General Counsel (Chair).
- Report on receipt of 2021 report from Peer Review Committee of Ethics Review Board (attached as Item 1).
- Report on proposed ordinance to broaden pool of IG candidates.
- Continuing Business
- Report of OIG search committee and Ralph Anderson & Associates.
- Executive session pursuant to Louisiana Revised Statutes section 42:17(1) to discuss the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of persons recommended by OIG search firm for appointment to OIG position.
- Executive session pursuant to Louisiana Revised Statutes section 42:17(4) to discuss investigative proceedings regarding allegations of misconduct related to ERB Complaint No. 2021-03.
- Vote in regular session to choose finalists for appointment to position of Inspector General.
- Vote in regular session regarding disposition of ERB Complaint No. 2021-03.
- New Business
- Opportunity for suggestions on future agenda topics from board, staff, and public.
- Adjournment (Chair).